[NatureNS] Daphne m.

From: "Heather Drope" <heather.drope@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2008 23:22:37 -0300

History and dates were never my strong point as everyone can see from
my statement about '500' years ago.
There are daphne up in the woods near the hapatica site that David
Webster was watching for a couple of years ago.
Because of my original sighting of the shrub on Warwick Mountain, I was
intrigued enough to study some of the history of the French settlers in the
Pugwash, Wallace and Tatamagouche areas.  They fared much better
then the French in the Grand Pre area.
As for the medical use of daphne, no one has come up with a use for the
deadly shrub. I would love to hear of a documented use of it. Maybe used
to spring clean a body ?  Just a guess.. Heather