[NatureNS] Info Request on Bird Rescue Centers

Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2008 22:32:29 -0300
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
From: "P.L. Chalmers" <plchalmers@ns.sympatico.ca>

--=====================_1847250==.ALT

Hi Peter,

         You perhaps remember the work of Mike and Elaine Kew, who
specialized in Raptor Rehabilitation at their place in St. Margaret's
Bay.  They spoke to the Bird Society several times about their
efforts.  They retired about a year ago and their equipment, flight
cages etc were transferred to Hope Swinamer at her centre, "Hope for
Wildlife" in Seaforth.

Hope for Wildlife Society
5909 Hwy 207, RR2, Site 14, Box 1, Head of Chezzetcook,
NS B0J 1N0
Phone 452-3339
info@hopeforwildlife.net

http://www.hopeforwildlife.net/

         Helene van Doninck DVM is a veterinarian in Truro, who also
runs the Cobequid Wildlife Rehabilitation Centre.  She is a member of
this listserve.  In previous posts she has offered help and advice to
others in this group.

Cobequid Wildlife Rehabilitation Centre
RR#1, Brookfield,
NS, B0N 1C0
(902) 893-0253
cwrc@cwrc.net

http://www.cwrc.net

         Both fine efforts!

         Cheers,

         Patricia L. Chalmers
         Halifax

At 09:54 PM 12/04/2008, you wrote:
>I have read several referenceson Nature NS to what I believe are 2
>different bird rescue centers. I was just informed  of an injured
>barred owl that friends picked up at the roadside tonight here in Queens Co..
>
>Can someone forward to me the name of the woman who is a Vet who
>helps injured birds and the name of the raptor rescue center. Email
>addresses and phone numbers would be good. Thanks for your help.
>
>Pete Hope

--=====================_1847250==.ALT

Hi Peter,<br><br>
<x-tab>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</x-tab>You
perhaps remember the work of Mike and Elaine Kew, who specialized in
Raptor Rehabilitation at their place in St. Margaret's Bay.&nbsp; They
spoke to the Bird Society several times about their efforts.&nbsp; They
retired about a year ago and their equipment, flight cages etc were
transferred to Hope Swinamer at her centre, &quot;Hope for Wildlife&quot;
in Seaforth. <br><br>
Hope for Wildlife Society<br>
5909 Hwy 207, RR2, Site 14, Box 1, Head of Chezzetcook, <br>
NS B0J 1N0&nbsp;&nbsp; <br>
Phone 452-3339&nbsp; <br>
info@hopeforwildlife.net<br><br>
<x-tab>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</x-tab>Helene van
Doninck DVM is a veterinarian in Truro, who also runs the Cobequid
Wildlife Rehabilitation Centre.&nbsp; She is a member of this
listserve.&nbsp; In previous posts she has offered help and advice to
others in this group.<br><br>
RR#1, Brookfield, <br>
NS, B0N 1C0<br>
(902) 893-0253<br>
<x-tab>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</x-tab>Both fine
efforts!<br><br>
<x-tab>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</x-tab>Cheers,<br>
<x-tab>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</x-tab>Patricia
L. Chalmers<x-tab>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</x-tab><br>
<x-tab>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</x-tab>Halifax<br>
Nature NS to what I believe are 2 different bird rescue centers. I was
just informed&nbsp; of an injured barred owl that friends picked up at
the roadside tonight here in Queens Co.. <br>
&nbsp;<br>
Can someone forward to me the name of the woman who is a Vet who helps
injured birds and the name of the raptor rescue center. Email addresses
and phone numbers would be good. Thanks for your help.<br>
&nbsp;<br>
Pete Hope</blockquote></body>