[NatureNS] Daphne m.

From: "Heather Drope" <heather.drope@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2008 19:37:22 -0300

Hello,, I am happy to report that my daphne shrub is now in bloom. It
opened a bit on Friday and by late this afternoon it was three quarters of
the way open.This is a sure sign of spring for me.
For those of you who are new to NatureNS, the daphne is not native to
here having arrrived over 500 years ago with French settlers. It can often
be found blooming around old foundations  and in young woods.
I have noticed it blooming in woods the same time as hepatica is
blooming.
Spring is indeed here!!!
Heather D.