[NatureNS] frist moth of 2008 (picture)

Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 09:30:57 -0300
From: "Randy Lauff" <randy.lauff@gmail.com>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

------=_Part_8234_11978473.1207830657105

I'm thinking that's a Caddisfly (Trichoptera)...we have those on our windows
lately, too. The definitive way of telling the difference is to look for
scales over the body and wings - all moths (and butterflies) have these,
nothing else does. Caddisflies should have hairy wings, though the hairs may
not be easily visible without a hand lens.

Randy

On 10/04/2008, Jeannie <jeannies@ns.sympatico.ca> wrote:

> I had my first moth and another night insect on April 5th.Here are the
> photos of both.They were taken at my cottage.
> http://outdoors.webshots.com/photo/2286690860025930195PLXdlb
> Jeannie Shermerhorn,Port Hawkesbury
>
> Cottage....Cape George,Cape Breton
>
> "Let us permit Nature to have her way; she understands her business better
> than we do." - Michel de Montaigne
> jeannies@ns.sympatico.ca

RF Lauff
Way in the boonies of