[NatureNS] Morning bird sounds with the snow

From: Sherman Williams <shermw@xcountry.tv>
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 09:22:06 -0300
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

Even though 3 or 4 centimetres of snow on the deck greeted me this
morning, the air was filled with a chorus of bird sounds (not
necessarily all at once, but heard as I made my rounds to the feeder
areas):  junco, song sparrow, chickadee, goldfinch,  pheasant,
mourning dove, crow, downy woodpecker and grackle.

The first three species dominated.  As I listened I could count about
5 different song sparrows, some near, some further off,  "please,
please, please,....the-tea's-hot".  Such a wonderful way to greet a
snowy morning.  As I "set their table", I was extra generous.

Sherman