[NatureNS] a pheasant on Halifax Peninsula

From: "Dusan Soudek" <soudekd@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: "NatureNS" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 21:51:14 -0300

------=_NextPart_000_0041_01C8911D.D800A860

   A few days ago I flushed a cock pheasant, feeding on sunflower seeds =
strewn on the ground under my backyard feeder. This would be no big deal =
if I lived in The Valley, but I live in peninsular Halifax one block =
from the Common.=20
    The only other place where I have seen a pheasant in peninsular =
Halifax is the small park in front of the train station on Barrington =
Street. Are there any other recent sightings of urban pheasants?
   Dusan Soudek
------=_NextPart_000_0041_01C8911D.D800A860

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp; A few days ago&nbsp;I flushed a cock pheasant, feeding =
on=20
sunflower seeds strewn on the ground&nbsp;under my backyard =
feeder.&nbsp;This=20
would be no big deal if I lived in The Valley, but I live in peninsular=20
Halifax&nbsp;one block from the Common. </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; The only other place where&nbsp;I have seen a =
pheasant=20
in peninsular Halifax is the small park in front of the train station on =

Barrington Street. Are there any other recent sightings of urban=20
pheasants?</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp; Dusan Soudek&nbsp;&nbsp;</DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0041_01C8911D.D800A860--