[NatureNS] CBC and Vinal Cafe

From: "Elizabeth Doull" <edoull@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 15:07:07 -0300

I have to get around to writing Stuart McLean (of CBC's The Vinyl Cafe).  We
had a rare bird in the backyard, and it seemed like it could've played out
like the hilarious summer tanager story.  Yeeaahh.  Who knows what I'm
talking about?  Who listens to the CBC?  Nick sent this link to the family a
while back, and my mom agreed with the last little bit:  My mom tells me
with absolute seriousness that she and my dad consider a love for the CBC
one of the gifts they have given their kids.  Sunday dinners don't happen
without some sort of reference to it.  That's why when the rare bird showed
up, we all had the same thought:  Are the neighbours going to be freaked
when men wearing dark colours suddenly show up with binoculars and other
fancier equipment?  Nick informed us a couple weeks back that he actually
did talk to a man observing the birds in our backyard.  "You have a pretty
rare bird there, you know."