[NatureNS] song sparrrow perhaps

From: <lesley.butters@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2008 10:10:34 -0400

One would think it was "Spring"!

Two very enthusiastic Song Sparrows in my back yard near the feeder but not feeding, their minds were somewhere else!!! Mating perhaps, what else could it be? Buzzing about like bumble bees from branch to branch.`Both of them sang in chorus on an Easter Morning, but what intrigued me  was the high pitch. I can't image a human being ever able to reach that high pitch. Is it possible??!! Perhaps I have another bird in my backyard... What else can it be? Looks like a sparrow with a longish tail and all the colorations` of a sparrow,but then again I am not a true birder. I am a novice in the subject. Best Easter Treat,regardless of  lack of knowledge in BIRDING.
Lesley Butters