[NatureNS] NS Birder Killed In Florida?

Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2008 19:29:49 -0300
From: Brian Dalzell <dalzell@nbnet.nb.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

Yes, very sad indeed.  The local birding world is diminished yet again
by the untimely death of a rising star.  I am reminded of the tragic
passing of at least three other very promising young ornithologists from
the Atlantic region.  One was Robert LeBlanc, a park ranger at
Kouchibouguac National Park in NB.  He was electrocuted after contacting
downed power lines in the park (back in the early 1980s I believe).
Then there was Ian Cameron, who died in a helicopter crash in northern
Labrador whilst doing some kind of bird surveys back (some 20-30 years
ago?).  And just two summers ago, Neal Simon (in his early 30s?) from
Goose Bay, Labrador drowned after his canoe overturned and he gave his
life jacket to his companion (who then made it safely to shore).  One
wonders what could have been...   :'(