[NatureNS] witch hazel

Date: Sat, 08 Mar 2008 09:26:16 -0400
From: David & Alison Webster <dwebster@glinx.com>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

Hi Heather & All,            Mar 8, 2008
    The sure test would be to look at the flowers. Are both
pollen-forming stamens and pistils present ? Within the same flower or
on different parts of the shrub ?

    I gather from Fernald that _Hamamelis_ has perfect or polygamous
flowers, i.e. variously with functional stamens & pistils in the same
flower and unisexual flowers on the same or on different plants.
Yt, Dave Webster, Kentville