[NatureNS] Harlequin Ducks

Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2008 20:38:30 -0400
From: "Richard Stern" <sternrichard@gmail.com>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

------=_Part_2274_19484466.1204850310814

Hi,

This time the message is for the group! I was there at around 09:30 today at
high tide. I saw 15 Harlequins, and initially they were all resting on ther
cliff right by where the river goes under the road by the 1st house at the
east end of the village. The light was perfect, the birds were close, and I
was able to get the best pictures I have yet managed, of these ducks. At one
point an Eagle flew by - this spooked the ducks and they all jumped into the
ocean and swam for a bit - then once the Eagle had gone, they hauled back
out onto the rocks. I didn't see any other seabirds at all there in the
brief time I had before I returned to Middleton.

Richard

--
#################
Richard Stern,

rbstern@ns.sympatico.ca
rbstern@xcountry.tv
sternrichard@gmail.com

------=_Part_2274_19484466.1204850310814

Hi,<br><br>This time the message is for the group! I was there at around 09:30 today at high tide. I saw 15 Harlequins, and initially they were all resting on ther cliff right by where the river goes under the road by the 1st house at the east end of the village. The light was perfect, the birds were close, and I was able to get the best pictures I have yet managed, of these ducks. At one point an Eagle flew by - this spooked the ducks and they all jumped into the ocean and swam for a bit - then once the Eagle had gone, they hauled back out onto the rocks. I didn&#39;t see any other seabirds at all there in the brief time I had before I returned to Middleton.<br>
There were 12 Harlequin Ducks, evenly divided between males and females, at Port George, Anna. Co., today, close to shore at the far east end of the village.<br>
rbstern@xcountry.tv
sternrichard@gmail.com<br>################### ------=_Part_2274_19484466.1204850310814--