[NatureNS] birdingonthe.net

From: uhoeger@dal.ca
To: jen cooper <iffercooper@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 23:22:19 -0400
CC: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

Hi

birdingonthe.net is a private website, and the owner must have subscribed
to all those news lists shown on it.  Somehow messages send to any of
those lists will be automatically transferred on the website.

Personally -and I am not a lawyer- I think this is not entirely OK, since
nobody of us ever agreed to be publizized this way when we signed up for
naturens (-could be easily included in the naturens user agreement-) . As it
is done right now I see it as a case of copyright violation by birdingonthe.net,
unless the owner of NatureNS gave permission (but then it should be in the
NatureNs user agreement).
However, don't get me wrong I do  not have a problem with it -otherwise I
wouldn't participate in Nature Ns or NSRBA !

Ulli