[NatureNS] A few more mystery birds

To: NatureNS <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
From: Patrick Kelly <patrick.kelly@dal.ca>
Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2008 18:58:28 -0400

--Apple-Mail-73-952409039
	delsp=yes;
	format=flowed

Hi again:

Thanks everyone for the help with the last ones. I have almost finished
going through my pictures and have found a few more that are ambiguous.

http://myweb.dal.ca/pmkelly/UnknownBird1.jpg
This was taken in late July in an are where an old apple orchard is
reverting to hardwood forest, and there is a softwood forest on the
other side of the road

http://myweb.dal.ca/pmkelly/UnknownBird2.jpg
I know this is a Canada warbler, but where the pattern is not that
bold, I'm not sure if this is a female or an immature male. It was
taken, rather appropriately on Canada Iay, July 1st.

http://myweb.dal.ca/pmkelly/UnknownBird3.jpg
December 30, 2006. I'm quite sure there are pine grosbeaks and not
white-winged crossbills and they look to large, and even with the lack
of resolution, the bills look "normal".

http://myweb.dal.ca/pmkelly/UnknownBird4.jpg
Also from December of 2006. I originally thought this was a tree
sparrow, but it never lifted its head high enough to see the breast. it
turned, went back under the feeder and then flew off. The mustache and
white spots at the end of the eye-stripes are why I'm now thinking it
is something else.

Pat

==
Patrick Kelly
Director of Computer Facilities
==
Faculty of Architecture and Planning
Dalhousie University
==
PO Box 1000 Stn Central                5410 Spring Garden Road
Halifax, Nova Scotia B3J 2X4           Halifax, Nova Scotia B3J 2X4
Canada                                 Canada
==
Phone:(902) 494-3294    FAX:(902) 423-6672   E-mail:patrick.kelly@dal.ca
==

--Apple-Mail-73-952409039

[...]