[NatureNS] scat theory

From: "Heather Drope" <heather.drope@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2008 14:52:05 -0400

That 'scat' looks to me like an animal over indulged and
barfed up it's wonderful supper. It certainly didn't munch up
those bones. My expertise is in canines and from my
experience the mix of fur and bones looks like whoever
was eating, did so in a big hurry. Dogs will do that when
another dogs looks like it wants the same meal.After
rushing the dinner they then bring it all back up shortly
after. Quite often they go back and finish the 'meal'. Maybe
you came across it before the animal had a chance  to dine
a second time!
Heather D in Halifax  ps my guess would be a coyote or big
dog. I would hate to say a cougar as that would open up all
kinds of speculation but my cat would eat things fast and
barf up only to be caught eating it.  Yuck!