[NatureNS] storm/Halifax

From: "Heather Drope" <heather.drope@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 16:54:34 -0400

Hi, not much of a storm but yes enough to get the birds
eating at my feeder. The starlings were quite busy with the
suet feeder and bread from next door. My numbers went
from the usual two or three up to twenty three. The House
sparrows grew in numbers and they have cleaned out the
feeder which is a first for this season.
When a person sees the birds going into a feeding frenzy
while it is snowing is does make one wonder if some
instinct tells them that this storm is going to be worse then
it first appears.
Heather in centre Halifax.