Re: [NatureNS] suet with flour - oops

From: <phil.forman@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 8:02:25 -0500

My recipe calls for 1 lb lard, 1 cup p. butter (I use crunchy), 1/3 c. sugar, 1 c. flour, 2 c. oatmeal, 1 c. cornmeal.  Melt the lard & p. butter (careful...the P. butter can scorch quickly), then add all other ingredients and mix well. Add raisins or seeds if you like.  I usually make a double batch and put in becel dishes and freeze till needed in my wire suet basket.  It easily pops out of the becel dish.
Maria Forman
Debert, NS