[NatureNS] Varied Thrush Greenfield, Queens Cnty (Sat.)

From: "Roland McCormick" <roland.mccormick@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2008 11:34:18 -0400

My advice to other people has always been that if you want to see a varied
thrush you should look very carefully at any flock of winter robins that you
see.  I had a flock of robins a few years ago at an old apple tree across
the road. As I sat near a window having lunch I saw a funny looking robin
land in a tree nearby. When I put my binoculars on it I discovered a varied
thrush. At a distance they act like a robin and can be easily overlooked in
a flock of robins.

Roland.