[NatureNS] belted kingfisher story

Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2008 19:58:56 -0400
From: dowitcher <dowitcher@eastlink.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

could there be 100 0r 1000 's 0r3000that i have not
encountered , yes your right i am not ever gong to encounter those crazy
numbers.
   if you want to come down and drive around the three county,s next summer
ill  show you all three county's
  and 98 per cent of the belted kingfishers.
     i can see how numbers get out of hand. here is a story of one christmas
coun i was on a number of years ago, a landy kept track of her feeders for 8
hours that day
  she had 126 black cap chicadees at her feeder.
     i thought this was a lot of chicadees at the place so i ckecked it out
 sure enought she had  2 chickadees   and they made that day 63 trips to her
feeder and she thought she had 126
  she was a very nice eldery lady with a kind heart.
     and  all 126 were added to the christmas
   count list.
             lol