[NatureNS] 2008 birding

Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2008 10:30:46 -0400 (AST)
From: Pat McKay <ah205@chebucto.ns.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

And mine was a Black capped Chickadee, very closely followed by a
Yellow breasted Chat! So if anyone wants to get their 2008 list off to
a good start, you can get a Chat at 35 Edward St.

Happy New Year to All,

Pat McKay

On Tue, 1 Jan 2008, Don MacNeill wrote:

> Mine was a Common Redpoll at the feeder.  Normally it would be a House Sparrow, European Starling or Rock Pigeon so this is a nice start to the year.
>
> Don
>
> Don MacNeill
> donmacneill@eastlink.ca

Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we
are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true - Bertrand Russell

I've been drunk for about a week now, and I thought it might sober me up
to sit in a library - F. Scott Fitzgerald

He flung himself from the room, flung himself upon his horse and rode
madly off in all directions - Stephen Leacock

Merely corroborative detail, intended to give artistic verisimilitude to
an otherwise bald and unconvincing narrative - W.S. Gilbert

returns of conjecture out of such a trifling investment of fact
                                               - Mark Twain

Nothing in life is more exhilarating as to be shot at without result.
                                                    - Winston Churchill