[NatureNS] Moose tracks in Otter Lake - Big Indian Lake corridor (HRM)

From: "Dusan Soudek" <soudekd@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: "NatureNS" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Cc: "Reg Rankin" <rankinr@halifax.ca>,
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2007 15:32:26 -0400

------=_NextPart_000_001B_01C847D4.847BBDC0

   Today, on sunny Boxing Day, I had a chance to snowshoe through the =
heart of HRMs future Western Common Wilderness Regional Park, through =
Otter Lake and then down the series of frozen wet 'meadows' and portages =
along Otter Lake Brook to Big Indian Lake.=20
   The highlight of the outing was some fresh adult moose tracks (cca 14 =
cm hooves), conveniently following one of the portages. The location is =
only about 10 m west of downtown Halifax. Not bad at all!
   Dusan Soudek=20

N.B. I already reported the tracks to DNR's Wildlife Division, using its =
online report card.
------=_NextPart_000_001B_01C847D4.847BBDC0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp; Today, on sunny Boxing Day, I had a chance to snowshoe =
through=20
the heart of&nbsp;HRMs future Western Common Wilderness Regional Park, =
through=20
Otter Lake and then down the series of frozen wet 'meadows' and portages =
along=20
Otter Lake Brook to Big Indian Lake.&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp; The highlight of the outing was some fresh adult moose =
tracks=20
(cca 14 cm&nbsp;hooves), conveniently following one of the portages. The =

location is only about 10 m west of downtown Halifax. Not bad at =
all!</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp; Dusan Soudek&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>N.B. I&nbsp;already reported the tracks to DNR's Wildlife Division, =
using=20
its online report card.</DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_001B_01C847D4.847BBDC0--