[NatureNS] NORAD Santa visits the ISS

Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2007 18:39:20 -0400
From: Angela Joudrey <aljoudrey@eastlink.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

--Boundary_(ID_lMvxdna5Q8y1+kBQ9FouDw)

I have no kids, I'm almost 40 and I LOVE tracking Santa every year.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=_Di8mZLu0VE&feature=PlayList&p=26B9B2ACB4A

On  a bird related note, I just moved into a new to me house in Windsor.

I went out yesterday am to set up the feeders as there is a lightly
forested area behind the house.

I had a cheap bag of mixed corn seed to spread on the ground to see
what I could entice to the yard. I had already seen waxwings and pine
grosbeaks and a cock pheasant.

It took all of 5 seconds before 10 chickadees landed in the branch
beside, all very excited.  I swear they were looking at me as if to
say, "Hello!? We're waiting. Hurry it up!"

I put some of the seed in my hand and sure enough they all landed on
my hand and started picking through the corn to get to the odd
sunflower seed . A quick flit to a tree branch to eat and back to my
hand to get more.

This am when I peeked out the window, there was the pheasant enjoying
a little breakie.

I was out puttering around the new to me yard again this afternoon
and sure enough, they met me at the same spot and had a few more
sunflower seeds- no mixed corn to pick through.

That will be my most memorable moment for Christmas 2007!!

Angela
--
Angela Slaunwhite
aljoudrey@eastlink.ca

--Boundary_(ID_lMvxdna5Q8y1+kBQ9FouDw)

blockquote, dl, ul, ol, li { padding-top: 0 ; padding-bottom: 0 }
year.</div>
color="#000000"
>http://youtube.com/watch?v=_Di8mZLu0VE&amp;feature=PlayList&amp;p=26<span
in Windsor.</div>
lightly forested area behind the house.</div>
see what I could entice to the yard. I had already seen waxwings and
pine grosbeaks and a cock pheasant.</div>
branch beside, all very excited.&nbsp; I swear they were looking at me
as if to say, &quot;Hello!? We're waiting. Hurry it up!&quot;</div>
on my hand and started picking through the corn to get to the odd
sunflower seed . A quick flit to a tree branch to eat and back to my
hand to get more.</div>
enjoying a little breakie.</div>
afternoon and sure enough, they met me at the same spot and had a few
more sunflower seeds- no mixed corn to pick through.</div>

--Boundary_(ID_lMvxdna5Q8y1+kBQ9FouDw)--