[NatureNS] Snowy Owl, Hartlent Pt., HRM, 18 Dec.

Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 09:13:18 -0400
From: Helene Van Doninck <hvandoninck@eastlink.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

I have heard from my raptor rehabilitation friends in the USA that they are
seeing Saw Whets at an unprecidented number and in southern areas never seen
before. Some are suggesting an irruptive year or food shortage in northern
areas. Wondering if the same thing might happen with snowies this year. Have
dealt with them injured in rehabilitation in NF, but not yet in NS. Will
keep you all tuned in if I do.

Helene
Cobequid Wildlife Rehabilitation Centre