[NatureNS] Highbush Cranberry

From: Christopher Majka <c.majka@ns.sympatico.ca>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 19:14:26 -0400
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

    &lt;DIV&gt;&lt;BR class=3Dwebkit-block-placeholder&gt;

--Apple-Mail-120-669134333
	delsp=yes;
	format=flowed

Hi Roland,

On the topic of high-bushes ... highbush blueberry (Vaccinium
corymbosum L.) is found primarily in Yarmouth, Shelburne, and
southern Digby counties, but there are some records from central
Queens county and the southwestern part of Halifax county (east to
Halifax). It has been extensively cultivated and in Roland's Flora of
Nova Scotia it notes that over 50 cultivars have been successively
developed and released since 1920.

Cheers,

Chris

On Dec 18, 2007, at 6:51 PM, Roland McCormick wrote:

> I have a strange feeling that I said high bush blueberries instead
> of cranberries in my post a couple of minutes ago. I have a few
> thriving high bush blueberries, but the cranberries - no.
> Incidentally, are there high bush blueberries growing wild in NS
> outside of Yarmouth? I have seen them in Yarmouth, but no where else.
>
> Roland.

-webkit-line-break: after-white-space; ">
topic of high-bushes ... highbush blueberry (<i>Vaccinium corymbosum</i> =
L.) is found primarily in Yarmouth, Shelburne, and southern Digby =
counties, but there are some records from central Queens county and the =
southwestern part of Halifax county (east to Halifax). It has been =
extensively cultivated and in Roland's Flora of Nova Scotia it notes =
that over 50 cultivars have been=A0successively=A0developed and released =
since 1920.</div><div><br =
v>On Dec 18, 2007, at 6:51 PM, Roland McCormick wrote:</div><br =
class=3D"Apple-interchange-newline"><blockquote type=3D"cite"><span =
class=3D"Apple-style-span" style=3D"border-collapse: separate; color: =
rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: 'Times New Roman'; font-size: 14px; =
font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; =
letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; orphans: 2; text-align: =
auto; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; =
widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-decorations-in-effect: none; -webkit-text-size-adjust: =
auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0; "><div><font face=3D"Arial" =
size=3D"2">I have a strange feeling that I said high bush blueberries =
instead of cranberries in my post a couple of minutes ago. I have a few =
thriving high bush blueberries, but the cranberries - no.=A0 =
Incidentally, are there high bush blueberries growing wild in NS outside =
of Yarmouth? I have seen them in Yarmouth, but no where =
size=3D"2">Roland.</font></div><blockquote style=3D"padding-right: 0px; =
padding-left: 5px; margin-left: 5px; border-left-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); =
border-left-width: 2px; border-left-style: solid; margin-right: 0px; =
"><div style=3D"font: normal normal normal 10pt/normal arial;