[NatureNS] Re: Seaview/dump

Date: Sun, 09 Dec 2007 18:02:01 -0400
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
From: Blake Maybank <maybank@ns.sympatico.ca>

At 03:55 PM 09/12/2007, you wrote:
>This morning I was up on the dump site out by Seaview
>Park and was looking for the flock of Songsparrows and
>was very excited to see a Common Redpoll as well.Lots of
>Crows out there and in fact a big cat showed up eyeing the
>Sparrows when all of a sudden the Crows mobbed the cat
>and it left hissing and snarling but non the less, left.
>It is quite icy up on the higher parts of the dump.Not realy
>too safe for the average car.Heather D in Halifax

I made a visit to the Seaview dump this morning, arriving just before
Don MacNeill left.   I posted my results to the NS-RBA, but since
Heather brought up the subject of this location, I thought I should
add that there were about 50 Common Redpolls at the eastern end of
the dump, among which were one or maybe two Hoary Redpolls.   The
Indigo Bunting was still present at the western end of the dump near
the buildings, and a Yellow-breasted Chat made a brief
appearance.   Don MacNeill had earlier seen some Snow Buntings, so
this is a site to check anytime you are in the area.

Cheers,

Blake Maybank
maybank@ns.sympatico.ca

Editor, "Nova Scotia Birds"