[NatureNS] Alien species and the problems they cause

Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2007 10:59:49 -0400
From: David & Alison Webster <dwebster@glinx.com>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

Hi Pat & All,            Dec 6, 2007
    If a Texan gets in hot water for shooting a feral cat imagine what
would happen, in view of our recent anti-gun obssession, to a Canadian
who thought of reaching for a gun. Tasered to a crisp comes to mind.

    I was interested to hear of unexpectedly different UK attitudes last
year. At one place in northern England, where my wife was visiting
friends, the wife of the house routinely shot rabbits in the garden; so
far without repercussions. In Essex, at a farmer's market, game was for
sale by a man who hunted, dressed and sold game to supplement his
income. And game is a standby of butcher shops [perhaps not trucked live
to the far ends of the earth for government inspection before being
trucked back for sale].
Yt, DW