[NatureNS] local ponds - Fri- east Kings

From: "Judy Tufts" <tandove@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: "NatureNS" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2007 09:17:20 -0400

Nov 30 / 07 : I was in the area so I did a brief check of a few local ponds-
east Kings

Middle Dyke Rd - among a flock of Herring Gulls in a field opposite (east
of) Blueberry Acres - 3 adult Lsr Black-backed Gulls.
17 Canada Geese came in to feed in the back part of the field.

Saxon St Pond, Sheffield Mills.
N Pintail - 8 m,  5f,  Teal sp - 12,  Mallard 90,  Black Duck - 30,  Bald
Eagle - 2 ad., Canada Geese - 36 flying over

Canard Pond :
N Pintail - 6 m,  A Wigeon - 2m 1f, Gadwall - 1 f/imm,  teal sp - 20 +,
Mallards and Black Ducks, ~200 gulls on pond, while in  the background sky
to the east I could see a massive flock of swirling, circling gulls ( 5000?
)  over the farm fields on Fred Thomas Rd. ( no time to check for LBBGs or
to view the back pond from Fred Thomas Rd)

Silver Lake, Lakeville:
Bufflehead 3m, 3f,  only 10 Canada Geese.

Cheers
Judy Tufts

.

   Judy  Tufts