[NatureNS] Short-eared Owls in the Valley

From: "Judy Tufts" <tandove@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: "NatureNS" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 17:55:06 -0400

Nov 26 / 07

Received a report of 3 Short-eared Owls being sighted today flying along the
Canard River Valley - possibly the same ones seen a month ago.

Nov 25 / 07

A CHIPMUNK appeared under our sunflower bird feeders between 1.00 -2.00 p.m.
Temp was a very cool 'minus 4' degrees Celsius at the time, maybe a little
chilly for this species? All our resident chipmunks apparently headed to
hibernation quarters before the end of Oct. so this sighting was rather
startling.

Cheers

Judy

   Judy  Tufts