[NatureNS] FW: HERMIT THRUSH KINGSTON

Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2007 01:38:41 -0400
From: Jim Wolford <jimwolford@eastlink.ca>
To: NatureNS <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

--Boundary_(ID_0Hgnb9ydqrpmWc1+eWozKQ)

----------
From: Patrick Giffin <barpat@ns.sympatico.ca>
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2007 12:38:41 -0400
To: <Undisclosed-Recipient:;>
Subject: HERMIT THRUSH KINGSTON

Hello:
Barbara and I were talking about Jim's report of a female cardinal at his
feeders.  I asked if we had ever had a cardinal; "no we haven't, I was
hoping that the cedars would encourage them".  We  had planted a row of
cedars near our feeders 2 years ago.  We sat down to lunch, facing our
feeders and the cedars.  Barbara said, "what is that!"
It was a very healthy looking Hermit Thrush!  At the base of the cedars and
then into the foliage.  It checked the seeds on the ground under the feeders
too.   All this at between 3-6meters from us with binoculars.
A first for our feeders in the 24 years living at this location.  We have
seen them a number of times in the woods beyond our yard but never this time
of year.  Hopefully, this one will get in some southerly winds and we'll see
it in Mexico in February.
Cheers, Barbara and Pat

--Boundary_(ID_0Hgnb9ydqrpmWc1+eWozKQ)

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>FW: HERMIT THRUSH KINGSTON</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<BR>
----------<BR>
<B>From: </B>Patrick Giffin &lt;barpat@ns.sympatico.ca&gt;<BR>
<B>Date: </B>Fri, 23 Nov 2007 12:38:41 -0400<BR>
<B>To: </B>&lt;Undisclosed-Recipient:;&gt;<BR>
<B>Subject: </B>HERMIT THRUSH KINGSTON<BR>
<BR>
<H5>Hello:<BR>
Barbara and I were talking about Jim's report of a female cardinal at his feeders. &nbsp;I asked if we had ever had a cardinal; &quot;no we haven't, I was hoping that the cedars would encourage them&quot;. &nbsp;We &nbsp;had planted a row of cedars near our feeders 2 years ago. &nbsp;We sat down to lunch, facing our feeders and the cedars. &nbsp;Barbara said, &quot;what is that!&quot;<BR>
It was a very healthy looking Hermit Thrush! &nbsp;At the base of the cedars and then into the foliage. &nbsp;It checked the seeds on the ground under the feeders too. &nbsp;&nbsp;All this at between 3-6meters from us with binoculars.<BR>
A first for our feeders in the 24 years living at this location. &nbsp;We have seen them a number of times in the woods beyond our yard but never this time of year. &nbsp;Hopefully, this one will get in some southerly winds and we'll see it in Mexico in February.<BR>
Cheers, Barbara and Pat<BR>
</H5><BR>
</BODY>
</HTML>

--Boundary_(ID_0Hgnb9ydqrpmWc1+eWozKQ)--