[NatureNS] CBC Ideas on Digby Neck

Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 10:29:17 -0400
From: Bob McDonald <bobathome@hfx.eastlink.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

--Boundary_(ID_4UQxOZ5yHDLaySTCFwj4UQ)

Hi All,

I hope that the CBC coverage of the White Point Quarry will be a balanced one.  If one drives down the Digby Neck and  Long Island to Brier as we have done a couple of times since the end of August, it is pretty clear that there are two (and perhaps more) sides to this issue.  Judging from the number of "START THE QUARRY" signs we saw, some folks must feel that the quarry is needed for the economic health of the region.

Most of you will know how I personally feel about the issue (I did write a letter expressing my feelings) and fully support the Task Force Report, it is important that all sides of this matter be addressed.  It is all too easy to write a letter from Halifax opposing the quarry without really thinking at all about the potential consequences that rejecting the proposal would have on the local communities involved.

Cheers.

Bob McDonald
Halifax
bobathome@eastlink.ca