[NatureNS] FWD: Potential for storm waifs from Noel

Date: Sat, 03 Nov 2007 23:40:42 -0300
To: NatureNS <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
From: "P.L. Chalmers" <plchalmers@ns.sympatico.ca>

--=====================_1276359==.ALT

Hi there,

         The following appeared on NatureNB this evening.  Perhaps
worth noting by those along the Fundy Shore.

         Cheers,

         Patricia L. Chalmers
         Halifax

Subject: Potential for storm waifs from Noel
From: Stuart Tingley <tingley AT NBNET.NB.CA>
Date: Sat, 3 Nov 2007 22:12:30 -0300

While Noel is not a typical hurricane it still has the potential to bring some
interesting seabirds to our shores overnight tonight. Although winds
are spread
out over a huge area and are not concentrated near the centre, much
of the core
of the storm will be making its initial landfall along the Bay of Fundy
shoreline in New Brunswick, something that happens very rarely with a
system of
this magnitude.

Although it's quite late in the season there are still lots of interesting
seabirds (especially terns) that could potentially end up along the Bay of
Fundy coast tomorrow. All of this is to say that I would strongly
encourage any
keen birders in s. NB to get out to some headlands along the Bay of
Fundy first
thing tomorrow morning, weather permitting. It would also seem possible that
some seabirds may get carried inland in NB by this fast-moving storm and
careful searching along the east coast of NB in the coming days could
also reap
benefits.

Good Birding,

Stu Tingley
Shediac Cape, NB

--=====================_1276359==.ALT

Hi there,<br><br>
<x-tab>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</x-tab>The
following appeared on NatureNB this evening.&nbsp; Perhaps worth noting
by those along the Fundy Shore.<br><br>
<x-tab>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</x-tab>Cheers,<br>
<x-tab>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</x-tab>Patricia
L. Chalmers<br>
<x-tab>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</x-tab>Halifax<br>
Noel<br>
</b>From: Stuart Tingley &lt;tingley AT NBNET.NB.CA&gt;<br>