[NatureNS] Barnacle Goose/Snow Goose/Ruddy Ducks

From: James Hirtle <jrhbirder@hotmail.com>
To: Naturens Naturens <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>,
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2007 22:28:20 +0000

--_ab6fa139-5a8a-4f93-add8-38a3d9b7695f_

Today Dorothy Poole and I took a run back to Masstown to try again for the =
two geese that we missed on Sunday.  At arrival there were 984 Canada Geese=
 and at 10:40 an additional 310 came in.  With the second batch was the Bar=
nacle Goose.  This was at the Concrete House roadway by the shed, just past=
 the school and looking back towards the Putman Rd.  A total of 1294 Canada=
 geese were present.
=20
We found the Canada goose on the dykeland in front of where McWilliams Road=
 goes in.  It stayed for a few minutes and then rose into the air.  It was =
later seen in flight with a group of geese parallel to McWilliams Road.  It=
 dropped down into a back field there, which cannot be seen from the main r=
oad.
=20
It was a decent hawk day with northern harrier, sharp-shinned and red-taile=
d hawk seen near Masstown and Onslow.  I did not mention that on Sunday we =
had a peregrine falcon close to Masstown.
=20
We then drove to Windsor to pan the Sewage Lagoons.  The three ruddy ducks =
were still present there, but there were no signs of the shorebirds reporte=
d.
=20
James R. Hirtle
Dublin Shore
Send a smile, make someone laugh, have some fun! Start now!
http://www.freemessengeremoticons.ca/?icid=3DEMENCA122=

--_ab6fa139-5a8a-4f93-add8-38a3d9b7695f_

<head>
.hmmessage P
{
margin:0px;
padding:0px
}
body.hmmessage
{
FONT-SIZE: 10pt;
FONT-FAMILY:Tahoma
}
</head>
Today Dorothy Poole and I took a run back to Masstown to try again for the =
two geese that we missed on Sunday.&nbsp; At arrival there were 984 Canada =
Geese and at 10:40 an additional 310 came in.&nbsp; With the second batch w=
as the Barnacle Goose.&nbsp; This was at the Concrete House roadway by the =
shed, just past the school and looking back towards the Putman Rd.&nbsp; A =
total of 1294 Canada geese were present.<BR>
&nbsp;<BR>
We found the Canada goose on the dykeland in front of where McWilliams Road=
 goes in.&nbsp; It stayed for a few minutes and then rose into the air.&nbs=
p; It was later seen in flight with a group of geese parallel to McWilliams=
 Road.&nbsp; It&nbsp;dropped down into a back field there, which cannot be =
seen from the main road.<BR>
&nbsp;<BR>
It was a decent hawk day with northern harrier, sharp-shinned and red-taile=
d hawk seen near Masstown and Onslow.&nbsp; I did not mention that on&nbsp;=
Sunday we had a peregrine falcon close to Masstown.<BR>
&nbsp;<BR>
We then drove to Windsor to pan the Sewage Lagoons.&nbsp; The three ruddy d=
ucks were still present there, but there were no signs of the shorebirds re=
ported.<BR>
&nbsp;<BR>
James R. Hirtle<BR>
Dublin Shore<BR><br /><hr />Send a smile, make someone laugh, have some fun=
! <a href=3D'http://www.freemessengeremoticons.ca/?icid=3DEMENCA122' target=
=3D'_new'>Start now!</a></body>

--_ab6fa139-5a8a-4f93-add8-38a3d9b7695f_--