[NatureNS] more on Monday Wild Flora Soc. meeting and Dave Patriquin

Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 19:00:21 -0300
From: Jim Wolford <jimwolford@eastlink.ca>
To: NatureNS <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Cc: Bob Stead <rstead@town.wolfville.ns.ca>,

Thanks, Heather, for the heads-up.  Many of you may have recently seen and
heard Dave on CBC TV both on the news and Marketplace re HRM's bylaw on
"cosmetic" pesticide use and problems with stores selling banned products
and even encouraging people to use them and break the law, etc.  Dave is
very "into" organic agriculture and all kinds of agriculture, expert on
soils, etc., and is a prof. at Dal. Univ.

Wolfville is working at possibly getting such a bylaw, but Nova Scotia would
be much further ahead if, like Quebec, something provincial in breadth could
happen!

Cheers from Jim in Wolfville