[NatureNS] Birds in Chebucto Head, Duncan Cove, Hartlen Point

From: "Elizabeth Doull" <edoull@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 16:15:41 -0300

Tuesday, October 9th

I did a bit of birding today.  Birds worth mentioing were:

1 White crowned sparrow - Duncan Cove

1 Whimbrel walking across the road near the Chebucto Head lighthouse - in
front of my car and Hans Toom's on the other side!

American Pipits and Horned Larks foraging on the kelps - Lots of flies -
Hartlen Point - Didn't have time to count them and the sun was in my eyes...

Sadly, the provincial parks are closed now!!  I feel they should stay open
till November (or till the first snow fall!)

Cheers,
Liz Doull