[NatureNS] Peregrine on Wolfville Ridge; yellowlegs in harbour

From: "Judy Tufts" <tandove@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: "NatureNS" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2007 21:25:01 -0300

On Sept 26 / 07:

I watched a Peregrine traveling west across the field opposite my Wolfville
Ridge home. Yesterday a neighbour living one km west of here, reported that
he, and another neighbour (from Patterson Farm), have been seeing one
hanging around a field up behind the Patterson Farm since the middle of
Sept.   No-one has seen it for the past few days so maybe it has moved on.

Oct 2 / 07 -   Wolfville harbour:

          37 yellowlegs ( 1 Lsr Yellowlegs noted, the rest all appeared to
be Gtr)

           1 Short-billed Dowitcher.

Fri. Sept 28 /07 : Wolfville harbour

An extremely high tide in the harbour (15.4 m - the highest for the month),
was awesome and a little scary - rising to about one foot below the level of
the wharf deck - reminding one of the great potential for local flooding as
ocean levels rise with global warming.

Cheers

Judy Tufts

   Judy  Tufts