[NatureNS] FW: Wolfville feeder birds -- cardinals, purple finches, etc.

Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 18:24:10 -0300
From: Jim Wolford <jimwolford@eastlink.ca>
To: NatureNS <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

Below I have added more of the same to what I sent before.
----------
From: Jim Wolford <jimwolford@eastlink.ca>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 15:38:29 -0300
To: NatureNS <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Subject: Wolfville feeder birds -- cardinals, purple finches, etc.

Sept. 24, 2007 -- At my bird feeders in Wolfville, a female N. CARDINAL with
a poorly-developed crest, a f/imm PURPLE FINCH, a WHITE-BREASTED NUTHATCH, a
HAIRY WOODPECKER, several BLACK-CAPPED CHICKADEES, 3 SONG SPARROWS, 2 BLUE
JAYS, 8+ AM. GOLDFINCHES, and a RED SQUIRREL.

The Thextons in east Wolfville have been getting 4 CARDINALS (2 ad., 2
juveniles with dark beaks), and a family of PURPLE FINCHES, etc.

This evening at the Thextons¹ feeders, at 6:30 p.m. there were 3 or 4
CARDINALS -- I believe there was an adult female with 3 juveniles, but the
light was poor for seeing details -- Brenda and Bill are used to seeing at
least 4 of them in early morning and at dusk, and occasionally at other
times.

Sept. 24-25, 2007 - To my list above of feeder-birds in Wolfville, add a
second f/imm PURPLE FINCH, a WHITE-THROATED SPARROW, at least 3 PHEASANTS, 2
MOURNING DOVES, 3 CROWS, 3 more SONG SPARROWS.

Cheers :-) from Jim in Wolfville, 542-9204
---------------------
Jim (James W.) Wolford
91 Wickwire Avenue
Wolfville, Nova Scotia, Canada
B4P 1W3
phone (902)542-9204 (home)
fax (902)585-1059 (Acadia Univ. Biology Dept.)
e-mail <jimwolford@eastlink.ca>
³The cure for boredom is curiosity.  There is no cure for curiosity.²  -
Ellen Parr
³...... the Earth .....belongs as much to those who come after us as to us;
and we have no right, by anything that we do, or neglect to do, to involve
them in unnecessary penalties, or to deprive them of benefits which are
theirs by right.²  - John Ruskin