[NatureNS] Acadia Biology Seminar Thursday, 11:30 a.m., Patterson Hall 308,

Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 10:39:53 -0300
From: Jim Wolford <jimwolford@eastlink.ca>
To: NatureNS <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Cc: Dick Rogers <drogers@wildwoodlabs.com>,

--Boundary_(ID_orRWFCUA216oeTlUbzvdUg)

From: Wanda Langley <wanda.langley@acadiau.ca>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 09:47:51 -0300
ALL ARE WELCOME TO ATTEND!

This week=B9s biology seminar =AD Thursday, September 27th =AD will be given by
the biology department=B9s newest member, Dr. Kirk Hillier.

=20

His talk is entitled: =B3Sniffing out new science at Acadia: What the heck is
Olfactory Neuroethology?=B2

=20

Odours, behaviour and brains =AD how does each influence the meaning and
importance of the others in animal systems?  What are the important
questions in the field of olfactory neuroethology?  Why are insects so
useful to examine such questions?  I will consider pressing questions withi=
the field, and systems which provide clues to the evolution and function of
odours and olfactory processing.  A variety of techniques used in my lab
will be discussed, including behavioural, field-based and neurophysiologica=
procedures. Moreover, I will lay out my future research strategy designed t=
establish cutting edge olfactory science within Acadia and internationally.

=20

=20

** Seminars are held weekly, from 11:30 =AD 12:30 in PAT 308.  Refreshments
are served, and everyone is welcome.

=20

--Boundary_(ID_orRWFCUA216oeTlUbzvdUg)

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Acadia Biology Seminar Thursday, 11:30 a.m., Patterson Hall 308, Aca=
dia Univ.</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<BR>
----------<BR>
<B>From: </B>Wanda Langley &lt;wanda.langley@acadiau.ca&gt;<BR>
<B>Date: </B>Tue, 25 Sep 2007 09:47:51 -0300<BR>
<B>ALL ARE WELCOME TO ATTEND!<BR>
</B><BR>
<FONT FACE=3D"Arial">This week=B9s biology seminar =AD <B>Thursday, September 27t=
h </B></FONT>=AD <FONT FACE=3D"Arial">will be given by the biology department=B9s =
newest member, <B>Dr. Kirk Hillier. <BR>
</B></FONT><BR>
<FONT FACE=3D"Arial"><B> <BR>
</B></FONT><BR>
<FONT FACE=3D"Arial">His talk is entitled: <B><U>=B3Sniffing out new science at=
 Acadia: What the heck is Olfactory Neuroethology?=B2</U></B></FONT> <BR>
<BR>
<FONT FACE=3D"Arial"><B><U> <BR>
</U></B></FONT><BR>
<FONT FACE=3D"Arial">Odours, behaviour and brains =AD how does each influence t=
he meaning and importance of the others in animal systems? &nbsp;What are th=
e important questions in the field of olfactory neuroethology? &nbsp;Why are=
 insects so useful to examine such questions? &nbsp;I will consider pressing=
 questions within the field, and systems which provide clues to the evolutio=
n and function of odours and olfactory processing. &nbsp;A variety of techni=
ques used in my lab will be discussed, including behavioural, field-based an=
d neurophysiological procedures. Moreover, I will lay out my future research=
 strategy designed to establish cutting edge olfactory science within Acadia=
 and internationally. <BR>
</FONT><BR>
<FONT FACE=3D"Arial"><B> <BR>
</B></FONT><BR>
<FONT FACE=3D"Arial"><B> <BR>
</B></FONT><BR>
<FONT SIZE=3D"4"><FONT FACE=3D"Arial">** Seminars are held weekly, from 11:30 =AD=
 12:30 in PAT 308. &nbsp;Refreshments are served, and everyone is welcome.</=
FONT></FONT> <BR>
<BR>
<FONT FACE=3D"Arial"><B> <BR>
</B></FONT><BR>
<BR>
</BODY>
</HTML>

--Boundary_(ID_orRWFCUA216oeTlUbzvdUg)--