[NatureNS] flying culprits on the NW Arm

From: "Jean Timpa" <jtimpa@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 00:48:33 -0300

	I can't quite tell from the "culprits" photo what they are, but the
pictures of the swarms certainly remind me of flying ants which I have seen
in large numbers in Bear River, Annapolis Co. about this time of year much
to the delight of the migrating Common Nighthawks, although it is usually
about mid August when the peak of these birds pass through the valley. A
large hatching of flying ants can be very dramatic.  JET