[NatureNS] Re: Possible Selasphorus hummingbird, Lockeport - not

From: "Terri Crane" <terri.crane@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: <iamclar@dal.ca>
Cc: <ns-rba@yahoogroups.com>, <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2007 19:58:15 -0300

Hi Ian

Well I have photos I need you to look at that I believe are of a male
Rufous! I have aquired the negatives to get a better scan of the photos BUT
even the regular loosleaf printed photos look pretty convincing to me (but I
don't have much exposure). Yes the dorsal feathers are rufous/orange. These
photos were taken ~ a month ago now and the exact date will be forwarded
along with the photos. They were taken in Queensport and the lady reconized
it right away as being different from the other ~dozen adults and juvinal
Rubys that she's feeding. it only stayed about 1 1/2 day from the time she
first seen it.

I hope to have the photos ready for you to look at in a couple of days.

I'm off to finish photographing a wedding.

All The best
Tom K
CANSO