FW: [NatureNS] Eastern Wood Peewee and Viburnum Leaf Beetle

Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 21:23:27 -0300
From: Jim Wolford <jimwolford@eastlink.ca>
To: NatureNS <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Cc: Melanie Priesnitz <melanie.priesnitz@acadiau.ca>,

--Boundary_(ID_nVglezIxneeAK/GaW1V/qA)

Thanks, Chris!  In the Irving Botanical Gardens in Wolfville we saw blackis=
larvae of presumably the same beetle on the partly devoured leaves of
highbush cranberry earlier in the season, and I have seen moderate amounts
of defoliation there in two different places (one in Gardens, other along
adjoining Acadia Woodland Trails), but as far as I know, we have not yet
seen nor collected any for the Museum collection.

Cheers from Jim in Wolfville