[NatureNS] Shuttle and ISS (Update)

From: Sherman Williams <shermw@xcountry.tv>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007 21:52:06 -0300
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

DIV&gt;&lt;BR class=3D"khtml-block-placeholder"&gt;&lt;/

Bev and I observed the nice pass of ISS and Endeavour.  ISS rivaled
Jupiter in brightness.  Discovery, once it went east of us,
brightened as much as Arcturus .  ISS preceeded the shuttle by about
14 or 15 degrees when they were above the SW.

The ISS was in view well before it passed quite near Arcturus (more
or less within a degree). We did not notice Discouvery until it was
almost to Acturus, trailing the space station by about 35 seconds.
While watching when they were in the area above Jupiter we observed a
bright meteor. It flashed momentarily from an altitude of about 60
degrees for a short bright streak heading perpendicular (to the ISS
track) down toward the SW horizon.

Here's wishing the crew on Discouvery a safe return tomorrow,
expected just after lunch.

Sherman