[NatureNS] Hedera in Wolfville

From: "Jean Timpa" <jtimpa@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2007 09:03:15 -0300

	Yes, there is quite a lot of Hedera or Ivy growing here in Wolfville. I
can meet you if you want and show you where it is, or you can probably
find it fairly easily. Stay on the north side of Main Street and walk west from
the Save Easy grocery store (you can park out back). There are a couple of
"alley ways" which lead north to Front Street, and one particularly has a lot
of Hedera climbing the brick walls of a large older building which once upon
a very ancient time used to be the Royal Bank, and I think now has some
investiment and insurance companies in there. I am about to go downtown
to the Farmer's Market, and I will see if I can note some other colonies of it.
I am pretty sure there is some growing on a rock wall directly across from
the Tourist Bureau in Wolfville (stop at the town park just before you come
into the business area). There is not as much plant material there, but it is
shady and perhaps less disturbed than downtown, so it might have different
fauna. JET