[NatureNS] Common Nighthawks

From: "Jean Timpa" <jtimpa@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2007 22:14:23 -0300

	This is about the time of year when the big migrations of Common Nighthawks
going south take place, and I especially remember them in Bear River in the evenings
around the middle of August, if it happens to be a good year for huge numbers of flying red
ants hatching out in their tornadic like swarms in the evening against the setting sun. I
haven't managed to get to the farm this summer, so I have no idea whether or not the ants
are plentiful or not. JET