[NatureNS] White Meadowsweet(Spiraea latifolia)

Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2007 18:04:52 -0300
From: Hans Toom <Htoom@hfx.eastlink.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

"&gt;http://hanstoom.com&lt;/SPAN&gt;&lt;/A&gt;&lt;SPAN class=3D"Apple-sty

--Boundary_(ID_XF1ENc0HLAfCvLLfbAiU2Q)

FW: [NatureNS] White Meadowsweet(Spiraea latifolia)Hi all,

I visited the St. Margaret's Bay Trail this morning in Lewis Lake PP and examined the subject plant.  I was armed with numerous clues I received from some of you.  The stems are reddish and the leaves are serrated and smooth underneath with no fuzziness.  So, White Meadowsweet it is.  Also, the height of most of the plants is about 1 to 1.2 metres.  The occasional plant stands near to 2 metres when clustered, probably responding to a need for light.

Hans