FW: [NatureNS] Interesting Woodpecker interaction

Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 20:03:06 -0300
From: Jim Wolford <jimwolford@eastlink.ca>
To: NatureNS <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

Ken, those young "males" may actually be either sex, since I believe that
juveniles of both downies and hairies have orange to red caps?  See Sibley
if you have it.

Cheers from Jim in Wolfville
----------
From: Ken MacAulay <kenmacaulay@eastlink.ca>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 18:36:14 -0300
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Subject: Re: [NatureNS] Interesting Woodpecker interaction

James, in a similar vein, for the past week we have been entertained by a
mother downy at the suet feeder, busily feeding two young male downies,
already bigger than she is.  They have yet to attempt to reach the suet on
their own.

Ken MacAulay
Port Mouton, NS