[NatureNS] Waterfalls

From: "Heather Drope" <heather.drope@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: Naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 08:15:59 -0300

Yesterday I went out with a friend to view a couple of waterfalls. Two of
them the HFN took a group to last November. At that time there was quite
a bit of water so they were very nice. However yesterday, after all the
rain we have been having, they were beyond spectacular.
The two that we visited were Upper Burnside/Pembroke and Butchers
Falls.
Butchers falls had so much water rushing over it that there was a huge
water mist created. Reminded me of the mist that occurs at Niagra Falls
in Ontario.My digital camera has a vidio mode so I shot a minute movie
film of that wonderful experience. (That was an experience after I
transferred  it on the computer. I had shot virtical and so now have to
watch the screen with my head turned sideways. Can't figure out how to
make the results horizontal. Will know better next time)
For those of you who have the waterfalls books, they mention the old
Butcher home as being a landmark on where to park. Well, it is no
longer. It has been knocked down - I expect for safetys sake.
We went to find another waterfall just down the highway from Butchers,
didn't located it but did watch a 'common nighthawk' cruising around in
the sky making a sound I can't explain.
Beautiful day for an outing.
Heather Drope