[NatureNS] two moths ID

Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 00:57:11 -0300
From: Stephen Shaw <srshaw@dal.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

Jeannie:  Regarding the composite photo with the added inset of the
second moth,
they are different species but in the same family Lasiocampidae. The
main photo
(paler specimen, a bit out of focus) shows a Polyphemus moth, Antheraea
polyphemus.  The second, darker, inset moth (nice photo) is a Cecropia moth,
Hyalophora cecropia. Looking at the antennae, both appear to be males.

You have 'h-e-l-p' in the original subject line, which is presumably why it
didn't get through most times.
Steve