[NatureNS] Birds Seen In The Navy

From: "James Hirtle" <jrhbirder@hotmail.com>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 00:46:09 +0000

Hi All:

This comes from a friend.  Thanks...

In getting ready for that July 24th meeting with the Navy on "All the Birds
At Sea," I've combed my Life List for those species seen at sea... It comes
out something like this...

Cory's Shearwater, Audubon Shearwater, Greater Shearwater, Wilson's Petrel,
Storm Petrel, Leach's Petrel, Fulmar, Yellow-billed Tropic Bird, Blue-faced
Booby, White-bellied Booby, Brown Booby, Red-footed Booby, Man-o-war Bird,
Pomarine Jaeger, Artic Tern, plus huge rafts of sea ducks -- murres,
guillemots and dovekies -- on the Grand Banks and a couple of "fallouts" of
migratory land birds on my ship in the Mediterranean.

My friend would like to make connections with others in the Canadian navy
who are bird watchers to compare notes.  If you can help please send an
email back to me and I will forward it on to my friend, who has served in
the US navy and has been advisor to three US presidents.

James R. Hirtle
Dublin Shore

See Fireworks On Live Image Search
http://search.live.com/images/results.aspx?q=Fireworks&mkt=en-ca&FORM=SERNEP