[NatureNS] Beetle ID

From: "Jeannie" <jeannies@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2007 22:06:22 -0300

Hi,
When I was a youngster we spent a lot of time swimming in the Bras d'Or
lakes and most of my uncles were fishermen.These beetles used to be all over
dead and rotting fish... we called them fish bugs.Could someone give me the
proper name.Also I took a walk down to the elementary school this evening
and noticed that the trees planted in the yard were dieing.I brought one of
the leaves back and took a couple of photos,they are covered in these tiny
( eggs?) red dots.Anyone have any idea what they are?
http://outdoors.webshots.com/photo/2338434020025930195iKNjPz
Jeannie Shermerhorn,Port Hawkesbury

Cottage....Cape George,Cape Breton

jeannies@ns.sympatico.ca