[NatureNS] beetle and Blck-billed Cuckoo

Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2007 09:55:45 -0300
From: Ken McKenna <kenmcken@eastlink.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

--Boundary_(ID_IaMdZkNRlMhJilyPjtikVQ)

Ken McKenna
Box 218 Stellarton NS
B0K 1S0
902 752-7644
Hi Bernard
Nice shots. I have seen several of these beetles lately in the New Glasgow area.
I assisted Rick Ferguson this morning to do a dozen point counts in his New Glasgow square 20NR24. At point  count # 21 ( Campbells Lane., Westville) we heard a Black-billed Cuckoo singing- my first for this spring and a new bird for Rick. The cuckoo was singing from the vicinity of the marsh on Campbells Rd.  There were a nice numer of cuckoos around in various squares in the Antigonish-Pictou Co. areas last year.
cheers
Ken