[NatureNS] Eagles, White-tailed Deer etc.

From: "Bernard Burke" <blburke@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: "nature ns" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2007 08:40:52 -0300

------=_NextPart_000_0003_01C7B0BB.36EDB730

My sister Rita and her husband Mike just sent me some great photos of a =
Bald Eagle and a White-tailed Deer they took in Cape Breton, and also a =
Lady Bug type beetle that was hitching a ride on their vehicle near New =
Glasgow. Following those three pics, I've added a Spotted Sandpiper and =
a younger Eagle that I took but didn't include in my last posting. Here =
is Mike's photo of the Eagle, #165, and continue on through to #169:
http://bernieb.smugmug.com/gallery/916397/10/110598075/Medium

Speaking of Eagles, I've been trying to view and photograph a Bald Eagle =
capturing a fish for years, particulary from my deck here at Red Bridge =
Pond Dartmouth. The problem is that, unlike Ospreys usually, they tend =
to sit in the same tree for hours so their patience usually far exceeds =
my own. Yesterday I had a glimpse of one flying to my right just beyond =
the parking lot with Common Grackles in hot pursuit. I wasn't sure but =
it appeared to be landing in some trees just beyond my viewpoint. I =
found out about 5 minutes later when I happened to look outside through =
my deck door, only to watch helplessly as the Eagle skimmed just above =
the water, grab a fish, and keep on trucking out of sight. All I could =
do was marvel as to how effortlessly he was able to spot his target from =
a fair distance and then grab it and run without me capturing it with a =
photo...maybe next time...

Cheers
Bernard Burke
blburke@ns.sympatico.ca
Dartmouth
------=_NextPart_000_0003_01C7B0BB.36EDB730

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>My sister Rita and her husband Mike =
just sent me=20
some great photos of a Bald Eagle and a White-tailed Deer they took in =
Cape=20
Breton, and also a Lady Bug type beetle that was hitching a ride on =
their=20
vehicle near New Glasgow. Following those three pics, I've added a =
Spotted=20
Sandpiper and a younger Eagle that I took but didn't include in my last =
posting.=20
Here is Mike's photo of the Eagle, #165, and continue on through to=20
#169:</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><A=20
href=3D"http://bernieb.smugmug.com/gallery/916397/10/110598075/Medium">ht=
tp://bernieb.smugmug.com/gallery/916397/10/110598075/Medium</A></FONT></D=

<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Speaking of Eagles, I've been trying to =
view and=20
photograph a Bald Eagle capturing a fish for years, particulary from my =
deck=20
here at Red Bridge Pond Dartmouth. The problem is that, unlike Ospreys =
usually,=20
they&nbsp;tend to&nbsp;sit in the same tree for hours so their patience =
usually=20
far exceeds my own. Yesterday I had a glimpse of one flying to my right =
just=20
beyond the parking lot with Common Grackles in hot pursuit. I wasn't =
sure but it=20
appeared to be landing in some trees just beyond my viewpoint. I found =
out about=20
5 minutes later when I happened to look outside through my deck door, =
only to=20
watch helplessly as the Eagle skimmed just above the water, grab a fish, =
and=20
keep on trucking out of sight. All I could do was marvel as to how =
effortlessly=20
he was able to spot his target from a fair distance and then grab it and =
run=20
without me capturing it with a photo...maybe next time...</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Cheers</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Bernard Burke</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><A=20
href=3D"mailto:blburke@ns.sympatico.ca">blburke@ns.sympatico.ca</A></FONT=
></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Dartmouth</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0003_01C7B0BB.36EDB730--